Keeler and Company is seeking a hard-working Assistant Interior Designer that is eager to join a fast-paced, interior design firm with projects across the country. The ideal candidate will have a deep care for our clients and all tasks, be willing to grow and learn together, and an innate ability to stay organized and follow processes.
Keeler and Co. employees are dedicated to their work, but enjoy spending time together and having fun along the way. You must be up for hanging with our office golden retriever, Henry, as well as joining an occasional team gathering on our patio or sporadic team activities. A team favorite is our weekly wine tastings at team meetings.
- Work directly with associate designers throughout the design process on various sized, high-end projects including new builds, renovations, and decorating projects.
- Create and manage proposals, invoices, and purchase orders with an eye for detail.
- Assist with creating design plans and architectural drawings in AutoCAD including floor plans, elevations, custom cabinetry, and more.
- Assist with sourcing FF&A at the Boston Design Center, High Point Markets, and beyond.
- Collaborate on client design presentations and oversee sample procurement.
- Coordinate with our purchasing agent to track orders through installation.
- Prepare and manage all installations. Assist with photoshoots.
- Maintain an organized materials library.
- Manage project binders and create spec books for clients.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an Interior Design focused major or creative course of study
- 1-3 years experience in the interior design field or interior design internship experience
- Possess a positive attitude with the ability to adapt and problem solve as challenges arise
- Ability to prioritize and manage various tasks simultaneously with a strong attention to detail
- Understands the importance of organization and processes
- Strong communication skills – comfortable communicating with clients and vendors
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe creative suite, Google Suite, Excel
- Knowledge of design management software preferred but not required
- Keeler & Co. has projects throughout the country and offices in Mount Desert Island, Maine and Boston, Massachusetts. Must be willing to travel as needed.
**Please include a cover letter explaining why you would be a great addition to the Keeler & Co. team, a resumé, and portfolio to be considered. We will be reviewing applicants beginning September 6 and will be in touch to schedule an interview.
Known for emboldening their clients to live in thoughtfully designed spaces, Keeler & Co. connects modern living solutions with a heritage design sensibility. Drawing inspiration from their historic New England backdrop, the studio specializes in maintaining architectural integrity while infusing updated character into the fabric of each home they touch. Part of the Keeler & Co. magic lies in the firm's thoughtful approach to individuality— mix of contrasting motifs, vibrant color pops and harmonious furnishings artfully converges with the unique lifestyle of each client.
Keeler & Co. was founded by Principal Designer, Laura Keeler Pierce, and is based in Boston, Massachusetts, Seal Harbor, Maine and Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Laura is a member of the Design Leadership Network.