Demisch Danant is a New York based Design Gallery specializing in Twentieth Century French design with an emphasis on the late 1950s through the 1970s, also providing Interior Design Services.
Position Description: Reporting to the Managing Director, the Project Manager will manage the operations of the interior design team with a focus on monitoring design development, FFE procurement, billing, and logistics of shipping and installation of the interior design projects. This is a full-time position with benefits.
• Managing the overall schedule of all interior design projects, while monitoring the progress on design development
• Supporting the Managing Director in developing FFE budgets and schedules
• Managing the procurement of Furnishing, Fixtures and Equipment (FFE) to ensure the team’s successful sourcing, purchasing, production, and installation of all interior design projects
• Managing the team’s progress on projects by developing weekly (or bi-weekly) reports of project status on tasks and deliverables; coordinating and taking minutes at meetings
• Recording all FFE Procurements Studio Designer, a database application to record specifications and status of production
• Managing all bookkeeping and invoicing to clients and vendors with timeliness and accuracy according to project schedules;
• Assisting with organization and archive of project presentations and related project materials
• Coordinating and organizing client and vendor meetings
• Implementing and maintaining protocols and standard operating procedures
• Providing General administrative support for the team as needed
The ideal candidate will be exceptionally organized and meticulous with a strong interest in interior and furniture design. Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal required for this position. We are looking for a highly motivated critical thinker, who is both goal and process oriented. The candidate must be comfortable collaborating and working independently within our team.
• Professional Degree in Interior Design or related field required
• Microsoft Office, Adobe creative suite required
• Studio Designer, or similar database experience preferred
• AutoCAD or similar drafting program a plus
• Minimum 2 years experience in the industry
• Must be eligible to work in the US
Demisch Danant was founded in 2005 by Suzanne Demisch and Stephane Danant. The gallery specializes in twentieth-century French design with an emphasis on the late 1950s through the 1970s and represents the work of Maria Pergay, Pierre Paulin, Jacques Dumond, Joseph-André Motte, Pierre Guariche, Michel Boyer, Antoine Philippon & Jacqueline Lecoq and René-Jean Caillette. Curated exhibitions on historical work are presented within environments that reference architecture and interiors of the era.
The gallery also features exhibitions concerning the intersection of architecture, design and art, including the work of Sheila Hicks and César.
Demisch Danant is dedicated to research and scholarship on French design and has published and authored monographs including Antoine Philippon and Jacqueline Lecoq, Maria Pergay: Complete Works 1957-2010, Maria Pergay by François Halard, and Maria Pergay: Sketch Book. Current projects include a comprehensive monograph on seminal designer Joseph-André Motte and a new book about works by Sheila Hicks commissioned for architectural projects.