The Administrative Assistant is accountable for overseeing the daily operations of the firm. This hands-on position will manage and be responsible for: daily staff operations, entry level bookkeeping functions, preparation of reporting, invoicing, cash management, banking, and computer project management/bookkeeping systems. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the daily/weekly/quarterly internal communications and correspondence necessary with the firm’s third-party service providers as necessary to maintain operating systems. This position will act as the point of contact for all employees, providing administrative support and managing their queries.
Will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our office, including all bookkeeping aspects (both business and personal) and office management. The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Director of Operations and Principal and work with the Senior staff and business consultants’ to manage firm operations. The Administrative Assistant will also work closely with the company’s CPA, attorneys, business consultants and IT company as required.
• Answer phones and greet visitors
• Coordinating schedules, arranging meetings, distributing memos and reports ensuring that everyone is kept current of necessary company news and information
• Operating copy/printer equipment and ensuring equipment in working order for staff
• Collect and distribute mail
• Create and maintain filing systems; both virtual and physical; inclusive of office and Principal’s contact/mailer lists
• Ensuring office supplies are maintained
• Manage accounts and perform basic bookkeeping: A/P and A/R (including all product, services, reimbursable expenses, petty cash and time billing functions)
• Collection and enforcement of expense reporting from employees
• Quarterly/Annual Income Tax Management correspondence and reporting-responsible for extracting data for reporting to accountant accordingly for quarterly/annual estimates and filings
• Insurance Management
• Reporting: weekly/monthly/quarterly financial firm report distribution to the Principal
• Firm wide purchasing of product and service orders
• Client and/or vendor project conflict resolution
• Human Resources: Employee onboarding (including non-compete and social media agreements), and benefit management (medical/dental, worker’s compensation, 401k, cell phone reimbursement), PTO management, unemployment relations, and employee reviews (staying current on all HR related revisions to applicable state and local laws)
• Maintenance, distribution, and compliance management of company handbook
• Assistance with talent acquisition
• Assistance with Marketing, Inventory and other Company functions as required
• Coordinating domestic and international travel, including flight, hotel, and car rental reservations, and generating itineraries for staff and Principal
• Responsible for handling Principal’s personal administrative needs including but not limited to event planning
• Bank deposits-responsible for receiving and processing all deposits and distributing correspondence
Jessica Lagrange Interiors is a high-end, full service residential interior architecture and design firm with a pleasant, collaborative work atmosphere. The projects we select are diverse and located primarily in the Chicagoland area and beyond. Our clients enjoy the personal attention and classic, yet forward thinking, design we offer.