We are seeking an interior designer with at least 1-2 years of experience in high end residential contemporary design. We approach our projects with a can-do and innovative approach, which has earned us repeat clientele and referrals which has us ready to grow our team.
Seeking motivated enthusiastic people who want to grow with a firm. Role involves all aspects of project design (interior design and construction design), starting from early project concept design, through to the final completion punch list. This includes but is not limited to sourcing product, furnishings, materials, showroom visits, site visits & measuring, design presentations, drawing furniture plans, vendor communication, ordering & tracking, deliveries and installations. Team will work closely with principal. Role would be mostly in office with occasional possibility of remote work.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR CANDIDATES:
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or architecture, or at least 1-2 years of experience with a design firm
- Knowledge of Vectorworks / CAD, and Sketchup, Mac
- Experience in resourcing new project goods and materials
- Fine attention to detail and being highly organized
- Self starter with ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Flexible schedule depending on daily project’s needs
- Ability to be at showrooms, project sites, and office as required
BENEFICIAL ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to travel for day / overnight trips to project locations outside of New York
- Ability to read and draw construction documents and detail drawings
- Ability to read shop drawings (millwork, stone, etc)
- Have a drivers license and consistent access to a vehicle for project visits as needed
To apply, send us your resume, examples of floor plans (construction and or furniture / design plans), and photos of your work or inspiration images which speak to your design sense.
ABOUT THE FIRM
Franco Rivera Design was founded in 2019 after Franco spent more than a decade in the design and construction industry designing contemporary homes throughout the United States and abroad. We focus on high end finely detailed residences to deliver unique signature homes to client’s unique requests per home, depending on client’s personal style and a style appropriate to each project’s unique location. Our clientele range from new to repeat clients, and we focus to deliver a consistent quality personal experience for each client, building trust and strong relations through integrity, follow through, and adapting to ensure our clients love their homes upon completion. Our projects range from New York City, CT, Hamptons, Florida, California, and abroad, in both new construction and renovation.