A high-end interior design firm in New York is looking for an Intermediate Decorator with at least 4 years’ experience to work closely with Junior Decorators, Senior Decorators, Project Managers and Studio Directors to provide development, production support and co-ordination throughout the project delivery process as a member of the design team. A dependable, energetic individual with a “can-do” attitude and exceptional attention to detail, the Intermediate Decorator is responsible for supporting the efforts of the design team to ensure the successful completion of the project. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow with an organization that is rapidly expanding its operations and discovering new possibilities daily.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes and files correspondence and drawing files.
- Assists in organizing the sample library.
- Creates templates as needed.
- Weekly time sheet completion.
- Assists in the production of client presentations under the guidance of senior team members.
- Attends and participates in client meetings/presentations.
- Prepares meeting agendas and ensures accurate meeting notes are taken and reported to team members.
- Uses computer-aided design (CAD) to prepare required furniture plans, elevations, custom furniture drawings and lighting drawings required to convey design intent.
- Sources all FF&E including furniture, window treatments, drapery, fabrics, wall covering, wall treatments, lighting,
carpeting, regular painting, decorative painting, decorative finishes, decorative art and accessories.
- Assists senior staff with design development and materials research to produce fully coordinated room schemes.
- Prepares specification packets and room sheets for presentation to the client.
- Assists in the production of installation schedules.
- Coordinates FF&E deliveries, CFA’s, finish samples and other materials.
- Supervises installation of FF&E including arranging furniture, hanging window treatments and artwork.
- Assists in the supervision of junior decorators and interns.
- Runs errands as needed.
- Meets all deadlines for decorating deliverables.
- Corresponds with vendors to obtain accurate quotes for all FF&E requirements.
- Negotiates pricing with vendors.
- Assists in creating decorating budgets and tracks expenses against them.
- Creates purchase orders and client invoices to ensure timely delivery of project.
- Follows and speaks to current industry trends on space, function, decorative lighting, fabrics, furniture and equipment, etc.
- Develops innovative design concepts that are practical, aesthetic, safe and conducive to intended purpose
To apply please email your cover letter, resume and portfolio to: [email protected]
Please do NOT call.
Only decorators with 4+ years’ experience will be considered for this position.