Amanda Teal Design, a boutique residential design firm based in Menlo Park, is looking for a Purchasing Manager / Expeditor to join our team. We serve clientele throughout Northern California, and our projects typically involve full-scale remodels or new build homes. We pride ourselves on creating thoughtful and innovative designs while providing the highest level of personal service. Our approach is grounded in integrity, and we value building strong relationships with our industry collaborators.
The Purchasing Manager/ Expeditor is a crucial role within the project management side of the interior design process. The Purchasing Manager / Expeditor is responsible for order placement and follow through on orders until installation and Client satisfaction. The ideal candidate will be responsible for identifying and fostering a relationship with our suppliers and vendors. You will also oversee the implementation of the supply and production strategies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Attend weekly team meetings
• Track billable hours on daily basis
• File and tag office expense receipts
• Support design team with research of products and sample requests
• Request quotes
• Enter items and create Proposals in Studio Designer
• Create Purchase Orders in Studio Designer
• Place all Purchase Orders with vendors
• Continuously track all orders and maintain expediting report sheet with updated order information from purchase to installation
• Collaborate with design team to coordinate approval of all finish samples, CFA’s, DFA’s and shop drawings for all custom orders
• Schedule deliveries to receiver and Client’s homes
• Confirm all items are received in good condition and accurately according to order details. Track receiver tag #’s
• Coordinate returns/exchanges of damaged or incorrect items
• Collaborate with Project Manager’s to schedule all on site installations and vendors
• Follow up with all installation vendors to receive invoices
• Update instal
Amanda Teal Design is a residential design firm based in the San Francisco Bay Area that specializes in high-end, highly livable custom interiors.
We create homes that are naturally elegant, with a relaxed, quintessentially California feel. We work closely with our clients to make sure their home reflects their unique personality and lifestyle, while infusing a space with the custom details that elevate it beyond the ordinary.